October 14, 2010

Nuthin

I'm not the kind of artist that paints trees, waterfalls, rice fields and all that scenery stuff just so that people would like my work.  I don't even like using one medium.  I'm more of an express that emotion in a graphic way in mixed media kind of guy.  I'm more of the "I paint for myself and no one else and I don't care if you like it or hate it."  I'm still sort of part of the "idealistic youth" who live in dreams, only remove the youth part coz I may be young at heart, but I don't think I fall in that category anymore agewise.

I paint like this:



But as time goes by, as I was tought by time and circumstance, I realized that sometimes you have to be practical.  Okay, so it's really un-artist-like to sacrifice art in the name of practicality but in real life, most artists really do starve. 

This is the reason why I didn't choose art to be my cash cow in life, because I don't want to desecrate my art.  I have a day job and only do my art for self satisfaction and not as a means of income.

I don't want to sell out.



.