September 3, 2010

Think Positive!







Ok, so I'm studying a new language (finnish/suomea), which is a fairly difficult language to learn if you are used to english grammar since there are a lot of differences in their sentence construction.

My basic motivation in trying to learn as fast as I could is that I know that it would be very useful to at least know the basics before I go finland.

How do I condition my brain to be receptive?  I try to make it as enjoyable for me as possible, considering the fact that at the end of every class, I feel as though my head is throbbing, filled to the brim with crammed knowledge. I just try to look at it with rose colored glasses, being thankful that in 3 weeks time, there is a considerable amount of quantifiable progress in my studies.

I just try to have a positive attitude about it by focusing on my goals instead on noticing the hurdles that I have to go through along the way. 

Always think positive!


.