August 21, 2010

The Streets

I love doing street photography. I'm existentially stimulated by capturing real people candidly doing what they do. Makes me think about my life and the lessons I've learned in my 29 years of living here on earth.

While riding our car on the way to A.Mabini for my finnish language classes, I decided to take my camera out and shoot. (Okay, so before you raise your eyebrows, let me just clarify that I'm not the one driving and I will never ever ever use my bulky dslr if I'm driving. Ayoko maaksidente, saka ayoko rin makaaksidente.)

Let me just point out that it's quite hard to take crisp pictures on a moving vehicle. My camera's eye is not fast enough to capture high definition images especially on a fast moving vehicle, so I took it as a challenge to really make an effort to shoot especially while riding because I'm hard headed that way, and I don't want to give in to physical limitions when I do art projects.

Here are some of the decent shots that I took:


"Bakas saking mukha,
hirap na dala.
Ako'y matanda na,
kailan makakapag-pahinga?"
(street scene -quirino ave. manila)

"Kailanga'y listo
sa kalye nakikipagpatintero
upang mailako
aking mga produkto"
(street scene -quirino ave. manila)

"Ako ang modelo
ng sarili kong produkto.
Bili na kayo!
Tulad ko'y gagwapo!"
(street scene - quirino ave. manila)